Aimpoint: CompM4 Sight - 2 MOA, Red Dot
OVERVIEW (Model 12309)
The Aimpoint® CompM4 sight, with high battery compartment, belongs to the CompM4 series sights which are the finest sights Aimpoint has ever produced. Improvements include improved energy efficiency that provides up to 8 years of continuous use from a single AA battery!
The first Aimpoint Comp sight came out in 1995 and today there are more than 1 million sights from the Comp series in use worldwide. All Comp sights are soldier-tested and combat-proven, in other words they are extremely robust high quality products.
The Aimpoint® CompM4 series of sights are the toughest sights that Aimpoint has ever produced and they are the standard infantry soldier sight in many NATO countries. These optics are extremely rugged and operate continuously for up to 8 years using a single AA battery. The competition is not even close. The Aimpoint CompM4s is the latest version of the U.S. Army's M68CCO (Close-Combat Optic), continuing a legacy that Aimpoint has maintained since 1997.
The CompM4 has a top-mounted battery compartment while the CompM4s has a low battery compartment – this is the only difference between the sights.
- High battery compartment
- Compatible with every generation of NVD
- ACET technology allows up to 80,000 hours (over 8 years) of daytime operation on one AA battery
- Internal voltage regulator allows the CompM4 to be used with any AA size battery
- 7 NVD settings and 9 daylight settings
- Mount base is keyed into to the body of the sight to absorb recoil
- Mount base screws directly into the sight – no separate sight ring required.
- 500,000 hours of use on NVD setting
- 2 MOA dot for close combat and long distance engagement
- Matches perfectly with Aimpoint® 3XMag
- Unequalled light transmission
- Front lens opening is threaded for addition of killFlash® anti-reflective device
- Comes equipped with a bikini rubber lens cover
- Submersible to 150 feet (45 meters)
- Type classified as the U.S. Army’s new M68CCO
- Improved adjustment caps are easier to remove and protected against impact
- Can be used with a carry handle adapter for use on all M16 rifles
- Mechanical switch for speed and reliability
- Does not include mount
- Operating principle: Reflex Collimator sight with LED
- Optical magnification: 1x
- Aiming dot size: 2 MOA
- Dot intensity: Visible against a background luminance of 0,1 to 55 000 lx
- Optical signature: No optical signature is visible at 10 meter distance, front side, on appropriate settings with NVD
- Dot color: Peak Wavelength: 655 ± 15 nm
- NVD compatible: Yes
- Optical coating: Anti-reflex, all surfaces and multi-layer. NVD-Compatible 1, 2, 3
- Clear aperture: 23 mm (.9 in)
- Eye relief: Unlimited
- Battery type: AA size battery, (rechargeable 1.2V), alkaline/lithium 1,5V or lithium 3-3,7V (acceptable voltage 1,2-5volt)
- Battery life - Day time use: 80.000 h continuous (pos. 12 of 16). Responds to >500 000 hours at NVD setting (pos. 4)
- Power intensity: 7 NVD and 9 Daylight, of which 1 extra bright
- Length sight only: 120 mm (4.7 in)
- Width sight only: 72 mm (2.8 in)
- Height sight only: 60 mm (2.4 in)
- Height conf: 72 mm (2.8 in)
- Weight sight only (incl battery): 268 g (9.4 oz)
- Housing material: High Strength Aluminum
- Housing finish and color: Matte black
- Housing anodized: Yes
- Surface treatment: Hard anodized, matte
- Adjustment: Range ±2 m at 100 meters (±2 yds at 100 yds) in windage and elevation, 1 click = 16 mm at 100 meters = 13 mm at 80 meters = .6 in at 80 yds
- Temperature range operation: -45°C to +71°C (-49°F to +160°F)
- Temperature range storage: -51°C to +71°C (-60°F to +160°F)
- Temperature shock: Operable after a temperature shock between -45°C and +71°C (-49°F and +160°F)
- Humidity: Operable during and after Humidity. Limits: RH: 95%, Temp: +20°C to +50°C (+68°F to +122°F), cyclic
- Submersible: To a depth of 45 m (150 ft.)
- Shock: Withstands shock. Limits: X-axis: 500 g, 0.7 – 1.1 ms (3 shocks), Y-axis: 40g ±4g, 11 ±1ms (2 shocks in each direction, Z-axis: 40g ±4g, 11 ±1ms (2 shocks in each direction).
- Vibration: Withstands Vibration. Limits: Vibration, sinusoidal in a frequency range of 10-150 Hz. Frequency: 10-30 Hz, ±1.587 mm, Frequency: 30-150 Hz. 5.75 g, 1 octave/min. Direction: X, Y and Z, Time: 30 min/direction.
- Chemical resistance: Withstands occasional contamination by weapons cleaners, lubricants, fuels and insect repellents.