Aimpoint: CompM5 Sight - 2 MOA, Red Dot, No Mount
The CompM5™ is a high performance red dot sight developed to withstand extremely tough handling and environmental situations without adding much weight to the user’s equipment. Aimpoint red dot sights are designed for the “both eyes open” method which greatly enhances situational awareness and target acquisition. Thanks to the optical design the red dot follows the movement of the user’s eye while remaining fixed on target, eliminating any need for centering.
The CompM5 allows for unlimited eye relief and is compatible with Aimpoint 3XMag-1 and 6XMag-1 magnifiers as well as all generations of Night Vision Devices (NVD).
The battery life for the CompM5 is over 5 years of continuous use while at the pos. 7, more than 1 year of use at pos. 8, and more than 10 years at NVD settings (pos. 1 to 4).
COMPLETE AND READY TO MOUNT
The sight is equipped with flip-up lens covers, the front lens cover is black and the rear transparent.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR SIGHT
CompM5 sights can be customized according to your preferences and needs.
- Mountable on MIL-STD 1913 Rail system/Picatinny rail (Mount not included)
- Advanced optical lenses with a protective front window
- High, AAA battery compartment
- Compatible with all generations of NVD
- 2 MOA dot for close combat and long distance engagement
- Matches perfectly with Aimpoint® 3XMag-1 and 6XMag-1 magnifiers
- Excellent light transmission
- Extremely robust housing design, same ruggedness as the CompM4 sights with less weight
- Operable to a depth of 45 m (150 ft)
- Mount base is keyed into to the body of the sight to absorb recoil
- Weight sight only 148 g (5.2 oz)
- ACET technology allows 50,000 hours (over 5 years) of constant operation with one battery
- 4 NVD settings and 6 daylight settings
- Mechanical switch for speed and reliability
- Operating principle: Reflex Collimator sight with LED
- Optical magnification: 1x
- Aiming dot size: 2 MOA
- Dot intensity: Visible against a background luminance of 0,1 to 55 000 lx
- Optical signature: No optical signature is visible at 10 meter distance, front side, on appropriate settings with NVD
- Dot color: Peak Wavelength: 655 ± 15 nm
- NVD compatible: Yes
- Optical coating: Anti-reflex, all surfaces and multi-layer. NVD-Compatible
- Clear aperture: 18 mm (.71 in)
- Eye relief: Unlimited
- Battery type: One AAA size 1.5 V Alkaline LR03 or Lithium FR03
- Battery life - Day time use: 5 years (50 000h) of continuous use at pos. 7, more than 1 year at pos. 8 and more than 10 years at NVD-setting (pos. 1-4)
- Power intensity: 4 NVD and 6 Daylight, of which 1 extra bright
- Length sight only: 83 mm (3.3 in)
- Width sight only: 40 mm (1.6 in)
- Height sight only: 41 mm (1.6 in)
- Weight sight only (incl battery): 148 g (5.2 oz)
- Housing material: High Strength Aluminum
- Housing anodized: Yes
- Material lens cover: Thermoplastic elastomer, black, non-glare finish
- Surface treatment: Hard anodized, matte
- Adjustment: Range ±1 m at 100 meters (±1 yds at 100 yds) in windage and elevation, 1 click = 10 mm at 100 meters = 8 mm at 80 meters = .36 in at 100 yds
- Temperature range operation: -45 °C to +71 °C (-49 °F to +160 °F)
- Temperature range storage: -51°C to +71°C (-60°F to +160°F)
- Temperature shock: Operable after a temperature shock between -45°C and +71°C (-49°F and +160°F)
- Humidity: Operable during and after Humidity. Limits: RH: 95%, Temp: +20°C to +50°C (+68°F to +122°F), cyclic
- Submersible: Operable to a depth of 45 m (150 ft.)
- Shock: Withstands shock. Limits: X-axis: 500 g, 0.7 – 1.1 ms (3 shocks), Y-axis: 40g ±4g, 11 ±1ms (2 shocks in each direction, Z-axis: 40g ±4g, 11 ±1ms, 2 shocks in each direction. Functional during exposure (room temperature)
- Vibration: Withstands Vibration. Limits: Vibration, sinusoidal in a frequency range of 10-150 Hz. Frequency: 10-30 Hz, ±1.587 mm, Frequency: 30-150 Hz. 5.75 g, 1 octave/min. Direction: X, Y and Z, Time: 30 min/direction.
- Chemical resistance: Withstands occasional contamination by weapons cleaners, lubricants, fuels and insect repellents.
- Keyed surface mount